What Happens to Your Car?
What happens with all the components? With this in mind take a look into our auto recycling.
THE GREEN RECYCLED PARTS PROCESS
The modern auto recycling process is a model of environmental responsibility. Each vehicle goes through a process meant to maximize the amount of material. In this case, the process helps to minimize the environmental impact.
Oil, gas and operating fluids pose a risk to the environment. Technicians carefully drain all the fluids and store them for reuse or recycling. Specialized equipment and methods help prevent any groundwater contamination. An average of 40 liters of fluid comes from the vehicle, for this reason, these fluids are responsibly disposed of or reused. The unusable portion of the car goes for recovery. The valuable ferrous and non-ferrous metals are made separate. The intention is to create new vehicles. Then the cycle starts again. Each car undergoes inspection to determine which parts are appropriate for auto recycling. Records are built to provide accurate inventory data of the VIN, mileage, make, model and year.
Recyclers remove and appropriately re-use, recycling and dispose of gas tanks, batteries, and tires. Each vehicle then goes to the dismantling area; this is where parts go through inspecting and prepared for resale. Eventually, each auto part has a tag and code. As a result, they are on record in the computer inventory system before adequately stored.
THE ULTIMATE ENVIRONMENTAL CHOICE
It may not seem like a great choice to re-use good quality parts from another vehicle. When the resulting savings in energy, raw materials, and pollution is astronomical.
By using Green Recycled Parts, you will help to sustain a modern global recycling industry. With this in mind, this industry reclaims over 12 million vehicles across North America annually.
Auto recycling is the ultimate environmental choice. Automobiles are the most recyclable product on earth. It also helps to keep dangerous toxins from releasing into our ground and water, not only but also it also prevents unnecessary use of valuable landfill. We’ll be preserving scarce natural resource with less need for new parts to be made, therefore cutting down on the resulting pollution.
Fast Environmental Facts
- Over 80% of the entire vehicle by weight is recyclable, reusable or remanufactured.
- Recyclable parts save an estimate of 80 million barrels of oil annually, as a result, produce new replacement parts.
- Auto recycling provides about 40% of the ferrous metal for the scrap processing industry across North America.
- Substituting low-sulfur scrap metal for high-sulfur raw ore can reduce a steel mill’s air pollution. Therefore as much as 86% and water pollution by 76%.
- Auto recyclers reclaim the same amount of toxic oils and fluids safely as eight Exxon Valdez disasters each year! Due to recycling automobiles properly.